How to subscribe to Phonebook Backup?
Key in *135# and press "Call/Send" to subscribe to Phonebook Backup. You will
receive a confirmation "Thank you for subscribing to Phonebook Backup service."
Contact Maxis Customer service or walk in to Maxis Center to subscribe
How to access web phonebook account?
Go to www.phonebookbackup.maxis.com.my. Enter your username and password to login into your phonebook account.
How to perform Phonebook Backup via SyncML?
After you have subscribed to the service, you will receive a SMS message
'Please click here for your SyncML settings. If asked for a pin enter 1234'.
Click on the link inside the SMS.
Once you have clicked, the Phonebook Backup system will send a message to the phone containing the sync settings.
- You need to save the setting to the phone.
Next, go to "Connectivity" in your phone. Here, you need to make sure that the "Access Point" is correct. Select "Sync" then
"Maxis Backup", then "Edit Sync Profile". Change the access point to "Maxis WAP GPRS" or "Maxis WAP 3G".
Go to "Connectivity" in your phone and select "Sync". Select "Maxis Backup" to start the backup process.
- Select "Synchronise".
- Your phone will now connect and begin synchronizing. It will show progress message as the synchronization proceeds. It may take a few minutes for the synchronization to complete. Whilst it is connecting, it will show "Connecting".
- When it has connected, it will show "Initialising".
- Whilst it is synchronizing, it will show "Synchronising".
- Whilst it is completing the synchronization, it will show "Finalising".
- The phone will display a Sync complete message when it has finished synchronizing.
- Now you can see your phonebook on the website and perform synchronization as and when you have new contact to be updated or you lost your phone.
How to perform Phonebook Backup via Vcard?
- Go to your "Phonebook/Contact" in your phone main menu.
- Select one contact you want to backup.
- Select option "Send" to send the phonebook via vCard or Business card.
- Input "22332" in Phone Number box, then select OK.
- You can go to your phonebook web account
on the website to view and update your
How to subscribe to SIM Phonebook Backup?
- Go to Easy Access menu in your phone. Select "PBook Backup".
- Next, select "Subscribe" to subscribe
to Phonebook Backup.
- The Terms & Condition will be displayed. You need to select "OK" to proceed.
You will receive a confirmation "Thank you for subscribing to Phonebook Backup service."
How to perform Phonebook Backup via PBook Backup Menu?
- After successful subscription completed, you will have a new menu. Automatic backup is enabled as default.
- To backup all your phonebook manually, select "Sync". Then, you need to select "OK" to start with the backup process.
- You have an option to choose whether you want to have auto backup or manual backup. To disable auto backup, you need to select "Auto off".
After auto backup is disabled, the Easy Access Menu will be changed into new menu with "Auto on". To
enable it back, select "Auto on".
- To recover your deleted phonebook contacts, select "Recover".
How to unsubscribe to Phonebook Backup?
Key in #135# and press "Call/Send" to unsubscribe from Phonebook Backup. You will receive a confirmation "You have unsubscribe the Phonebook Backup service, your contacts will be kept for limited time only before it is erased. To resume subscription, dial *135#".
Contact Maxis Customer service or walk in to Maxis Center to subscribe.
How to unsubscribe to Phonebook Backup via PBook Backup menu?
If you want to unsubscribe from this service, you could also do that via Easy Access menu. Select "Unsubscribe" and press OK.